Tom Green County Detention Center
4382 N US Highway 277
San Angelo, Texas 76905
Face to Face Visits
1. Sign up slips will be available at 7:00 am and 4:00 pm.
2. Be sure to have slips completely filled out and legible.
3. An officer will start signing visitors up at 8:30 am and 6:30 pm.
4. Have a seat until your number is called. When your number is called come up to the window.
5. Have a picture ID with you. (Valid Driver's License, State issued ID card or Military ID)
6. Persons under the age of seventeen (17) must be accompanied by an adult and may only visit during the evening visitation.
7. Those who visit with children need to keep them within arm's length. This provides for a safe and enjoyable visit.
8. Morning visit only 4 adult visitors allowed. Evening visit 4 adult visitors and children no limit on the amount.
9. Visitation Doors will be opened at 9:00 am and 7:00 pm for the first round of visits. Be sure to have your sign up slip and ID with you. Please act in an orderly manner when entering and exiting.
10. The same process will be followed for each visitation session. Visitations are limited to twenty (20) minutes.
11. Do not open the door for anyone outside. Once visitation has started the door is locked so that you may enjoy your visit without interruption. Once you leave the visitation is terminated.
12. Leave strollers, carriers, diaper bags, and purses in your vehicle. If you have a small child, you may bring a diaper and a bottle.
13. NO FOOD, DRINK, OR CAMERAS ARE ALLOWED IN THE VISITATION AREA.
14. NO CELL PHONES ARE ALLOWED.
15. All visitors are subject to physical searches at any time.
16. PLEASE DRESS APPROPRIATELY. THE FOLLOWING ARTICLES OF CLOTHING WILL NOT BE ALLOWED:
• SHORTS OF ANY KIND
• SLEEVELESS TOPS
• SEE THROUGH CLOTHING OR TRANSPARENT CLOTHING
• SPANDEX OR TIGHT FORM FITTING CLOTHING
• SKIRTS AND DRESSES WILL NEED TO BE BELOW THE KNEES
• CLOTHING DEPICTING SECURITY THREAT GROUP, ALCOHOL, DRUGS, LEWD OR VULGAR LANGUAGE.
VISITORS WHO CANNOT FOLLOW THE DRESS CODE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO VISIT.
17. Any lewd or vulgar actions or comments will result in termination of the visit.
18. Fighting or arguing while in visitation or in line will result in termination of your visit.
19. If you are from out of town you may visit any time between 8:00 am to 11:00 am; 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm; or 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. If you have previously visited the inmate, you are not eligible for an out of town visit.
20. Tom Green County Detention Facility reserves the right to deny, cancel or terminate a visit prior to or during a visit based on the visitor or inmate's conduct.
21. The Tom Green County Detention Facility reserves the right to restrict visitors from participating in future visits. First-time violation of the rules will result in being restricted from both face to face and online visitation for 30 days, second violation for 60 days, and third violation, permanently prohibited from visitation.
22. There may be times when visitation is canceled or rescheduled due to jail environment, i.e. work assignments, lockdown, sick call, attorney visits, or inmate housing reassignments. Emergency situations that arise in the Tom Green County Detention Center will result in the immediate cancelation of any visit in progress.
WEEKLY SIGN UP TIMES
MORNING 8:30 am TO 9:30 am
EVENING 6:30 pm TO 7:30 pm
WEEKLY VISIT TIMES
MORNING 9:00 am TO 11:00 am
EVENING 7:00 pm TO 9:00 pm
SATURDAY KITCHEN TRUSTEE SIGN-UP
EVENING CREW 8:30 am TO 9:00 am
MORNING CREW 12:30 pm TO 1:00 pm
SATURDAY KITCHEN TRUSTEE VISIT TIMES
EVENING CREW 9:00 am
MORNING CREW 1:00 pm
SUNDAY OUTSIDE TRUSTEE SIGN-UP
ALL OUTSIDE TRUSTEES 12:30 pm TO 1:00 pm
SUNDAY OUTSIDE TRUSTEE VISIT TIME
ALL OUTSIDE TRUSTEES 1:00 pm
The service allows you to visit from the comfort of your own home using an internet enabled device. Video visitation may be scheduled by the visitor on the GTL Video Visitation Website. https://www.gettingout.com/visit-now.
On-line Visitation Days and Hours
Sunday through Saturday 8:00 am to 11:00 am, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, 7:00 pm to 9:45 pm
All visits are scheduled thru the website at: https://www.gettingout.com/visit-now
Cost of On-line Visitation
$0.35 a minute. Check the website for any promotions. The Tom Green County Detention Facility assumes no financial or other responsibility for failure to complete scheduled online visits.
Internet Visit Requirements: You will need to check the website for specific requirements.
Telephone number for tech support is: 1-866-516-0115.
Commissary orders are processed on Monday; orders are delivered to inmates Tuesday thru Friday. Monies must be placed on the inmate's account by 10:00 pm on Sunday in order for the inmate to receive commissary for that week.
Money may be submitted by:
Money order: mailed in and made payable to "Inmate Trust Fund"
On-line: http://touchpayonline.com/(select Tom Green, Facility # 276903)
iCare packages may be purchased at: http://icaregifts.com/
The kiosk which is located in the lobby of the Tom Green County Detention Facility
Phone deposit: 866-232-1899 (Visa, Master Credit/Debit Card)
Inmate Telephone Service
Phone calls from inmates are free within the local dialing area during the booking process. Each holding cell in the Tom Green County Detention Facility is equipped with a telephone and is available for inmates to make calls to family members to inform them of their circumstances or to reach an attorney. Telephones in the holding cells are "collect call phones only".
For options to set up an inmate phone account, click on the below link.
Or you may visit the kiosk in the Tom Green County Detention Center lobby.
If you are receiving unwanted calls from the TGCDC you can call 1-866-230-7761 to have your number blocked.
Inmates are permitted to send and receive letters. Inmates can only receive religious paperback books mailed from a book distributor, i.e. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Hastings. Authorization from a Jail Administrator is required before a book may be delivered to an inmate. Writing supplies are furnished to indigent inmates.
Any mail that contains unauthorized items will be returned in its entirety to the post office. Unauthorized items include, but are not limited to; stamps, stationery, writing instruments, items containing glue, drawings, computer generated print, candy, food, Polaroid/instant print picture, sexually explicit photographs and anything used to conduct a business.
Example of how to address letters to an inmate
Inmate's Full Name - Inmate Sheriff's Office Number
Tom Green County Detention Center
4382 N US Highway 277
San Angelo, TX. 76905
Shannon Medical Center provides high-quality physical health care services for inmates in the Tom Green County Detention Facility. Shannon Medical Center Staff or the Tom Green County Staff cannot provide or release medical information concerning an inmate.
Inmates who have medication(s) prescribed by a physician may request to have their medication(s) dropped off at the jail. The medication must be current and in the original container. Some medications are not allowed in the facility. Call our medical department at 325-659-6434 to verify if the medication will be accepted prior to dropping it off.
Prescriptive eye wear (excluding tinted lenses) may be dropped off at the inmate's request. Cases for the glasses will not be accepted.
Medication(s) and glasses must be dropped off at the information window located in the lobby of the Tom Green County Detention Center.
A cash bond is the exact amount of money the defendant must pay before being released from jail. The FULL amount of the bond must be paid.
Cash - exact amount of the bond is the only payment method accepted for posting bond. If over $5,000, it must be in the form of a cashier's check.
To pay a cash bond in person, bring the payment to the bonding window located in the lobby of the Tom Green County Detention Facility.
A Kiosk is also available in the lobby of the Tom Green County Detention Facility. The Kiosk accepts cash, credit cards and debit cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I get a cash bond back?
Answer: The money is returned to the defendant after the court case is adjudicated and the judge orders the money returned.
What is a Surety Bond?
A surety bond is a bond posted by an approved Bonding Company. To post a surety bond, contact a bonding company that is approved by the Tom Green County Bail Bond Board. The bonding company charges a fee for this service.
Property and Money Release
Inmates are allowed to release their personal property during incarceration or after their release to another agency. It is the inmate's responsibility to sign a release prior to their departure from the Tom Green County Detention Facility authorizing their approved representative to pick up their property.
Inmates may release monies from their inmate commissary account to any member of the public once every 30 days. Individuals picking up money are encouraged to call and speak to the Bookkeeper prior to their arrival to ensure the release has been approved and to avoid any delays.
The individual picking up money or property must identify themselves by presenting a state issued photo-identification card.
Thru God comes Justice: Jail Ministry
Non-denominational religious activities, teaching and services are available to inmates each week. The Chaplain and Office Staff are tasked to assist inmates with their spiritual and religious needs. The Tom Green County Jail Ministry provides free bibles and other religious material to inmates regardless of religious affiliation.
The Chaplain's Staff may assist in notifying inmates in the event of a death of an immediate family member after independently verifying the death. The Chaplin or Office Staff will not be involved with the legal process related to the inmate's criminal charges.
If you have additional question regarding the Tom Green County Detention Facility, please call (325) 659-6597 or email Captain Todd Allen at: firstname.lastname@example.org